Accéder au contenu principal

Taco Food

In my house, "Taco food" refers to a specific mixture I came up with that tastes good as a taco filling. As far as I can remember, the original taco food was meant to use up a jar of black bean and corn salsa we got from Winco. I have since made it with plain salsa, adding the black beans and corn in separately.

I haven't made this in a while, and the amounts of ingredients were already quite vague. I never measured anything, but instead sprinkled spices right from the bottle and added salsa until it looked right. Feel free to add more or less of certain foods to suit your taste.

Lately I've been omitting the chicken and wrapping it in tortillas with a dollop of sour cream.

2 10-oz cans of chicken, drained
1 cup salsa
1/2 can of black beans, drained
1/2 can of pinto beans, drained
1/2 can of corn
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cilantro
1 tsp lime juice 
1/4 preserved lime peel, minced

Combine ingredients in a skillet and heat through, mixing everything together. Serve on warm corn tortillas.

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Fish Rice

This is a fast and easy meal.  Combine the following: 2 5-oz cans of salmon, drained 2 Tbsp mayonnaise 2 Tbsp soy sauce Serve with: Calrose or Japanese rice Small diced cucumber Avocado slices Toasted sesame seeds Pickled ginger

A New Blog for Food!

I love searching out and trying recipes from the internet. Sometimes I make some changes to it, and then I need to remember what I did differently. For the last couple year, I've been keeping my recipes on notecards stuck to the fridge. However, I'd like to have a copy of my recipes that won't be in danger of having water or food spilled all over it.  My other blog, Birds and Food, is a mixture of photographs and recipes that have nothing to do with each other. The writing style is a bit silly, and I may well rewrite some of them for this blog. I suppose I should probably take some pictures of the food I make too. The name comes from my internet name, Oatmealmonkey. I usually go by Oat when I'm online, and these are the things I like to eat.